Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Shower For My Sister-In-Law

Back in December I helped create a baby shower my bother and sister in law. My family was all excited because this is the first grandchild. Typically I tend to lean more to the modern, classy, and catered to adult style parties. However, my sister in law wanted more babyish and cute. Trust me it was a major struggle for me in the beginning to get my head out of what I would like and more into what she would like. I think in the end I finally came up with something that worked...
Advice Table
I started with idea that I wanted a way for the guests (mostly other mothers) to leave little bits of advice for this first time mom-to-be. I used a basket my mom had lying around her house, then tied some blue and brown ribbon that I found at Michael's. I created the advice cared in InDesign from the background used for the shower invitations. Finally rounding out the advice table is a photo of my sister-in-law that I took and edited the day of the event. Thankfully no one noticed the fact that the mom-to-be was wearing the same outfit in the photo to the party.

Table Center Pieces
Next came the center pieces. Once I figured out my theme and design for the party this was the most fun to create. I found the animals pre-made at Hobby Lobby. Then using a hot glue gun I glued the animals to bbq skewers. Using paper boxes found at Michael's, I used floral foam in the bottom of the box to secure the skewers into then covered the foam up with pre-shredded paper from Micheal's.

The Spread
The spread of food was amazing. Both my mom and Calee's (mother-to-be) mom created a great assortment of food. We have chicken salad sandwiches, two different types of meatballs, a fruit tray, cheese and crackers, and my mom's famous punch. All really simple foods but great for any party.

Calee and My Mom playing a game

Amazing Cake
The Gifts
More Guests Playing Along
Mom and Aunts To Be

All in All thought my struggles with this one, I think this turned out to be a fantastic party. It was simple and still fun. Hopefully this will inspire you to have some fun with your next party.

-Live Well, Live Inspired
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment